Our top ten new London homes of the moment – March 2015
Here’s our pick of the new homes developments and prime London homes currently for sale across the capital. Some of them are spectacular and – as you might expect – come with a hefty price tag.
But even on a more modest budget, thanks to schemes such as Help to Buy and shared ownership, you can get on the property ladder in a high-quality new home in the capital for a much more affordable deposit and monthly outlay.
Here’s our pick of the crop around the capital:
- Thurston Road, Lewisham – This collection of shared ownership properties from Family Mosaic is a mix of two- and three-bedroom apartments located close to Lewisham’s comprehensive. From £108,000 for a 30% share.
- Northway House, Totteridge & Whetstone – Redrow London’s 149 one-, two- and three-bedroom apartments will appeal to those priced out of central London but seeking a sought-after location with good links into The City and West End. Kings Cross St Pancras is just over 30 minutes away. From £299,000.
- City Wharf, City Road – Part of the regeneration of City Road and the neighbouring section of the Regent’s Canal, Fabrica is launching City Wharf, a collection of 327 canalside apartments designed by Stephen Marshall Architects in a striking, warehouse style. From £500,000.
- Royal Quay, Limehouse – These studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments have just been launched by Regal Homes. The properties are adjacent to the Limehouse Cut, London’s oldest canal, in the heartland of one of East London’s emerging prime areas. From £250,000.
- Revival, Balham – Fairview’s Revival has transformed a former MoD housing scheme into a total of 45 refurbished and 29 new homes. All properties now reserved.
- The Exchange, Leyton – These new Bellway properties on Leyton High Road, E10, are just seconds from Leyton Midland Road station. One-, two- and three-bedroom apartments and four-bedroom houses are available in a variety of flexible layouts. From £249,995.
- Parkside Place, Goldhawk Road - This new collection of one-, two- and three-bedroom apartments, plus a two-bedroom house, is coming soon from Linden Homes to a well-connected site looking south across Ravenscourt Park, just ten minutes from the nearest tube station. Guide prices range from £550,000.
- 219 Park Road, Kingston-upon-Thames – Jackson-Stops & Staff has just launched this boutique gated development of six homes in the heart of one of Kingston’s most sought-after residential areas. There are two detached five-bedroom houses and four semi-detached four-bedroom houses, each arranged over four storeys. From £1.475million.
- New Festival Quarter, Poplar – Currently available are a selection of two- and three-bedroom apartments, as well as spacious two-bedroom duplex penthouses. The development neighbours Bartlett Park and is within easy reach of numerous transport links by bike and DLR. From £339,995.
- Battersea Power Station – This landmark scheme has caught the attention of buyers and investors here and overseas. New homes form just a part of the regeneration, which will also provide commercial, retail and leisure facilities, served by a new station on the Northern Line extension by 2020. From £1.006million.