Special deal could save Worcester retirement development buyers thousands of pounds

Posted 25 August 2016 by Keith Osborne

There's a substantial offer open to buyers at Eastbank Court before 29 October 2016, which could save them a small fortune in their first year of residence...

A deal being offered to buyers of new build apartments at a development for over-70s in Worcester over the next couple of months could save them thousands of pounds for the first year in their purpose-built new home.

Eastbank Court is located in the Northwick area of the city and offers one- and two-bedroom apartments for ownership buy senior buyers, from specialist developer Aspen Retirement. The special deal to the end of October this year means those reserving one of them will be spared service charge expenses for the first 12 months, which could mean up to £6,000 in their pocket.

The properties have been designed and specified to suit older buyers, combining style and the security of private ownership with all the benefits of new build retirement property and the luxury of some excellent facilities to share with the other residents, from a licensed restaurant to a library and landscaped gardens.

The development also offers Extra Care services, mean that if residents have or later acquire needs for medical or domestic assistance, they care be tailored and provided as and when necessary.

Aspen’s Glenys Bastin says: “A lot of people considering downsizing want somewhere more manageable but say there’s a lack of ‘the right kind’ of properties available. Some automatically discount moving to a retirement development, but there’s nowhere quite like Eastbank Court. People are generally surprised by what we have to offer as not only are the apartments spacious, they’re complemented by excellent communal facilities that include much more than the average retirement development and have drawn comparisons to a five-star hotel.

“Living here is very much a lifestyle choice – it offers older people the chance to relax and enjoy the finer things in life. There’s no need to worry about things like maintenance, window cleaning or household chores as they’re all covered by the service charge and if they reserve before 29 October we’ll pay those fees for them for the first year.”

One- and two-bedroom apartments cost from £184,950, or from £147,960 with Aspen shared equity. This scheme gives people aged 70 and over the option to pay just 80% of the purchase price, with Aspen retaining the remaining 20% until the property is resold at a later date, a considerable reduction in payment.

Find out more at www.aspenretirement.co.uk ; 01905 455182

Apollo (Fairview New Homes)
10 August 2017
For serious house-hunters, here's this week's look at some of the best new homes offers, launches and events...Read more
Today's New Homes
Bankhouse (Season/Site Sales)
27 September 2016
A development of new homes combining affordability and high-level age-related care is about to be unveiled on London's South Bank...Read more
24 May 2016
London property prices are still rising but there are some great new homes available and made even more affordable through Help to Buy across the...Read more
Today's New Homes

Click here to see your activities