Our pick of current London homes for sale – 8 December 2014
It remains to be seen how hard the Chancellor’s recent stamp duty reform will hit the prime market in central London, but there is no doubt that the capital remains an in-demand property destination, both for buyers from the UK and from overseas.
One look at the skyline from anywhere in the capital will tell you that building continues apace across the city. Not just in the “prime” areas that make the headlines so often; there’s a lot of regeneration taking place in other districts too, replacing sub-standard old property and providing much-needed new neighbourhoods to house London’s growing population.
Here’s our pick of the new homes developments and prime London homes currently for sale across the capital. As our selection shows, shared ownership, Help to Buy and other schemes mean you don’t have to have bottomless pockets to be able to afford a quality home in London.
- Stratosphere, Stratford – This 36-storey residential tower on Great Eastern Street, Stratford E15, offers 307 apartments, with the first completions expected from spring 2017. Registrations are now being taken by developer Telford Homes for the Phase 2 release, expected in early 2015. £POA.
- Farm Lane, Fulham – These 18 one-, two- and three-bedroom apartments are available on a Discounted Market Sale (DMS) basis through leading affordable housing provider, Affinity Sutton. DMS is open to first-time buyers who live or work in the borough. From £107,000.
- The Penthouse, Warwick Square – Agent Russell Simpson is marketing this sumptuous two-storey property, which provides 3,800 sq ft of accommodation. It was converted over a decade ago, merging three apartments into this single six-bedroom, five-bathroom apartment. £6.95million.
- The Junction, Stockwell – This is the latest phase at The Park, a project from Network Living which, once complete, will feature provide more than 1,000 new build and refurbishment properties. A range of purchase options is available. From £199,999 under shared ownership.
- Lock Keepers, Bromley-by-Bow – This collection of two-bedroom canalside apartments from Peabody, located on the well-known Limehouse Cut, is currently available for private sales, with shared ownership homes releasing in 2015. From £365,000.
- The Old Dairy, Streatham – The few remaining four-bedroom townhouses at this Bellway development are “a modern take on the traditional model” and incorporate sustainable technology into their highly stylish design. From £735,995.
- Seymour Place, Marylebone – This semi-detached, five-bedroom house provides 3,113 sq ft of living space with a host of designer features and appliances, through agent Rokstone. The master bedroom suite occupies the entire first floor. £3.95million.
- Radius, Wandsworth – Taylor Wimpey’s choice of one-bedroom apartments here are currently available to move into straight away at Radius, with the government-backed Help to Buy scheme available to first-time buyers and home movers. From £445,000.
- 77 Totteridge Lane, Totteridge – Local agents Statons and Jeremy Leaf & Co are marketing these high-specification apartments, situated close to the Tube station on this sought-after road in one of north London’s most desirable addresses. From £895,000.
- Cheyne Terrace, Chelsea – This 2,350 sq ft home comprises three bedrooms and a private 340 sq ft terrace. The buyer will benefit from two car parking spaces, 24-hour security and front-of-house service, gymnasium and swimming pool. £7.35 million.