During the industrial revolution, Sowerby Bridge evolved from a collection of medieval hamlets into a centre of the engineering industry, specialising in the production of steam locomotives and utilising the town's waterways to facilitate the movement of textile goods to Manchester and beyond.
The old industries have now gone, though much of the architecture that evolved with them remains; such as the ever popular Wainhouse Tower Chimney still dominating the towns' skyline, as well as the now re-opened Rochdale Canal.
Boasting one of the UK's first solar powered markets, a short drive into the town centre will allow you to experience a fantastic selection of local produce. There is a fabulous choice of high quality places to eat, as well as a variety of independent shops. Moreover, the local residential area offers a number of respected schools, as well as a variety of sports and leisure clubs.
The development could not be better placed for access to the river and canal, and some fantastic walks for those wishing to escape into the peaceful woods overlooking the valley of the Norland Moor. However, if shopping is more to your liking, the A58 provides quick access to the neighbouring town of Halifax which offers an excellent choice of high street stores, whilst Eureka! Children's Museum is perfect for a day out with the family. This lively Yorkshire town packs everything you could need within a short distance.
Furthermore, the site is ideal for commuters. The M62 Motorway is easily accessible, connecting Leeds, Wakefield, Huddersfield, and Manchester; whilst the local train station runs regular services.
This brilliant location, combined with our outstanding choice of new homes, makes Calder View the perfect place to call home.
- Located nearby the canal network offering great opportunities for lazy afternoons aboard a barge.
- M62 Motorway offers great commuter links to Leeds, Wakefield, Huddersfield, and Manchester.
- Overlooking the valley of the Norland Moor making it an ideal location to explore the great outdoors.
- Enjoy a family day out at Eureka! Children's Museum.
- Boasts the UK's first solar powered market where you will have access to fresh local produce.
- Sales centre opening August 2016.
- Show homes due to open October 2016.
- Register your details today and be the first to find out more.