41 Craigmillar Park is a large stone-built Victorian Villa dating from around 1877. The structure is loadbearing solid stone external walls with a mixture of loadbearing brick and non-loadbearing timber stud internal walls. The house was extended in around 1930 by the addition of a single-storey wing of much smaller dimensions but the same type of structure. This extension has now been divided from the main house to reinstate the villa in its original form A rendered brick-built garage/workshop stands to the south of the house, also built around 1930, is included with this property. Pedestrian and vehicular access to the property is via gates onto Craigmillar Park, the vehicle gates being controlled with a remote-controlled automatic opening mechanism. No access is provided to the communal parking area to the rear of 19a East Suffolk Park and 37 Craigmillar Park.