Downsizers delighted with their new home
The couple recently moved into their three-bedroom house at Linden Homes North’s Bradley Meadow development in Market Weighton, having sold their previous property through the Assisted Move scheme.
An incentive to help ease the stress of moving for those who have an existing property to sell, Assisted Move works in a similar way to Part Exchange.
Simon and Sheran, who both work as NHS clinical mangers, took the decision to downsize due to their son studying away at university in Bristol.
Simon explains: “We lived closed to the Bradley Meadow development, just around the corner in fact, in a four-bedroom detached home built 12 years ago. We wanted a smaller house, while staying in Market Weighton. We did look at houses outside of the town, but were keen to stay here because of the good range shops, good public transport links and excellent country roads suitable for our hobby of cycling.”
Having made the decision to move, Simon and Sheran were told about the Assisted Move incentive by their estate agent.
Sheran adds: “The scheme was great, it made the moving process smoother with mortgage offers and estate agents all being organised without us having the deal with all the different professionals ourselves.
“It was a one-stop shop which helped us to move effectively and efficiently – it was the best house moving experience we’ve had and we are very happy with our new home. It is a lovely size for us, has a nice feeling and is extremely warm. The independent heating controls for upstairs and downstairs are fantastic.”
If like Simon and Sheran you are considering moving to a brand new Linden Homes property but have an existing home to sell, here’s how Assisted Move works:
- Linden will arrange for independent valuations of your current property, based on finding a buyer within a specified selling period.
- Linden will suggest a realistic selling price based on these valuations.
- An estate agent is instructed on your behalf to sell your existing home within a pre-agreed timescale. Linden will work closely with the agents to ensure your home is frequently advertised and all viewings are followed up. You will be regularly updated on the progress to maximise its sales potential.
- Once you have found your buyer you can reserve your new home with us and Linden homes pays your estate agent fees.
- A preferred solicitor and mortgage broker will be appointed, with your agreement, to speed the process up.
A range of two-, three- and four-bedroom homes are being built at the Market Weighton development, which is perfectly positioned between the bustling centres of Beverley and York – making it an ideal commuter location for your professionals.
The show home and sales and marketing suite are open daily from 10.30am until 5pm. Prices currently start from £144,950.
View more about Linden Homes North's Bradley Meadow development.